Find the festival at Occombe Farm, Preston Down Road, Paignton, TQ3 1RN.
The only way to get to and from Occombe Beer Festival is to walk, get the bus or grab a lift.
GETTING THE BUS
There is a dedicated, regular bus service via Paignton and Torquay to the festival site; included in the cost of your ticket, which you can pick up on these routes and stops:
- From Paignton: Preston Down Road shops, Upper Penns Road, Eugene Road, Victoria Park (drop off), Paignton Bus Station (Paignton Library), Victoria Park (pick up), Hillside Road, Edenvale Road and Occombe Farm
- From Torquay: Preston Down shops, Upper Penns Road, Wheatridge Lane, Corbyn Head, Princess Theatre, Belgrave Road (Derwent Hotel), Torre Station bus stop, Dairy Hill and Occombe Farm.
Friday 15th June
- First bus departs from outside Paignton Library at 3:30pm, then every 30 minutes
- First bus departs outside Torquay Princess Theatre at 3:30pm, then every 30 minutes
Saturday 16th June
- Departs outside Paignton Library at 1:00pm, then every 30 minutes
- Departs outside Torquay Princess Theatre at 1:00pm, then every 30 minutes
Last bus from Occombe Farm is at 11:30pm. On leaving the event, follow the signs or stewards' directions to the bus pick up points.
WALKING TO THE FESTIVAL?
You can walk to Occombe Farm from the Preston and Paignton area. Please bear in mind that the route is mainly uphill. Make sure you stick to the footpaths and pavements and follow the stewards' instructions as you approach the festival gates.
Top tip: Don’t forget to bring a torch for the walk home!
GRABBING A LIFT?
There is no parking available onsite or on Preston Down Road for the duration of the festival (be warned, parking enforcements will be in operation). There is a festival drop off and collection area in the Occombe Farm main car park. If you are using a Sat Nav to get here, use the postcode TQ3 1RN and look out for the yellow AA signs as you approach the festival entrance. Please do not stop on the road - use the designated areas in the main car park only.
FANCY TAKING A TAXI?
Taxis can drop off and collect you from Occombe Farm in our designated areas. There's plenty to choose from... make sure you book your taxi well in advance to avoid disappointment and to save your energy for dancing:
- Torbay Taxis: 01803 211611
- Price First Taxis: 01803 322322
- Torbay Cab Company: 01803 292292
- Riviera Taxis: 01803 212600
- Ace Taxis (Brixham): 01803 882121
- South Hams Cabs: 01803 840404
CAN I TAKE THE TRAIN?
The nearest train stations to Occombe Farm are Torre, Torquay and Paignton. They are about 2.5 miles from the festival site. You can pick up the free bus from either Torre Station for Torre Train Station, Belgrave Road for Torquay Station or Paignton Library for Paignton Station. You can organise a taxi to whizz you straight to Occombe Farm or take on the 45 minute walk... be warned, most of it is uphill!
SHHH... RESPECT THE LOCALS
On leaving the event, PRETTY PLEASE respect the local residents. We know you'll all being giggling your way home, but try not to make too much noise. Volunteers from the Street Pastors team will be available to assist festival go-ers.